- Duration: 15 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Crafers, South Australia
- Product code: A100136001
All of the birds in our Cockatoo Aviary are rescued or rehabilitated animals who have bonded closely with humans, and therefore cannot be released back into the wild. By providing up-close experiences, these birds will act as ambassadors for their species, educating guests about the plight of these birds in the wild, the issues around human contact, and the difficulties concerning captive raising of birds that can live for 50 years or more.
- Come inside our Cockatoo Aviary and embark on a very memorable experience with our resident cockatoos, as they engage with you.
- These birds have either been rescued or hand-raised, and have an affinity with humans. We are keen to share their stories with you, and offer you the chance to get up-close with these beautiful birds and get to know them better.
- Under the supervision of one of our experienced keepers, there is a high likelihood that our birds will fly and land on you, spending time on your arms and shoulders while also feeding from your hand. There will be plenty of opportunity for you to take photos on your own device.
- Through demonstration, you will explore the different adaptations and feeding behaviours of the various species. Learn about their conservation status, their life span, and how we can create habitat for our magnificent parrots by protecting and planting natural food sources.
- Your participation in this experience helps us to save these magnificent birds. For every Cockatoo Experience ticket sold, Cleland Wildlife Park volunteers will propagate and plant a habitat or food plant for these species, helping to conserve wild populations into the future.
Age: 6 years and over. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Time: 11.00am (guests to meet at Information Booth 5 minutes prior)
Number: 1 to 4 guests
Duration: 15 minutes
Note: price increases to $16.50 on 1st July, 2023
Available as a gift voucher